Charlton Manor School Council
Our CMPS School Council takes part in lots of activities including:
- Listening to the views, ideas and concerns of other children
- Bringing these concerns to School Council meetings
- Coming up with ideas to help improve the school and make decisions
- Thinking of ways to contribute locally and globally
- Getting inspiration from the We Day annually conference
- Supporting in the running of events such as The Great Get together
- Supporting fundraising activities for charities
Each year the school council decide on which of the five ‘We’ pillars (education, water, health, food and opportunity) it chooses to support. This year, the school council have chosen water and so will be organising the ‘We Walk for Water’ in the Spring. In addition to this, our KS2 members will continue to meet regularly, have discussions with their class and keep pupils informed by feeding back every six weeks to them via in-class assembly.
In March, Year 6 school councillors will again be attending the 2020 ‘We Day’ Annual Conference at SSE Wembley. This event is also attended by Year 6 House Captains, Peer Supporters and this year, the top 2 Waiters from the Charlton Manor Restaurant. The School Council is currently in the process of forming links with one of our local Secondary Schools and look forward to feeding back once the relationship is established. As part of our learning about British Values, the School Council will be visiting the Houses of Parliament in London to discuss Democracy and the Rule of Law.