Pastoral Care & Behaviour

In sharing and celebrating the beliefs and values of our richly diverse school community, we will strive to create an environment where each individual is valued and motivated to achieve their full potential, as a confident, happy and creative learner who is able to make a skilled contribution to our global society.

The pupils of Charlton Manor Primary School behave well to meet the high expectations of behaviour set. This policy will ensure consistency on the occasions when children's behaviour falls below expected standards.

At Charlton Manor we have adopted a positive system of rewards, clear sanctions and implement strategies for developing children's self-esteem that are linked to an agreed code of conduct.

To see the full Behaviour Policy click here.

Tips for Parents - click here.

Some useful links:
Talk to Frank Contains information and where to find help on drugs for young people. You can sign up for regular updates and get sent free resources.
Why Let Drink Decide Advice for Parents & Young People on Alcohol A UK campaign to encourage parents to discuss the issues surrounding alcohol with their children as well as offer advice for children.
Adfam Adfam is the leading national organisation working with and for families affected by drugs and alcohol providing direct support to families and signposting to local support services.
Alcohol Concern Alcohol Concern is the national agency for alcohol misuse.
TACADE Provides services and resources for professional groups, parents and carers in the promotion of healthy lifestyles and behaviour, and the prevention of drug misuse. TACADE produces resource material and carries out a number of projects.


Mr Turner-Wing is the member of the Senior Management Team responsible for whole school behaviour.

If you have concerns about the behaviour of your child or the behaviour of a child in their class please follow the procedure:

  • 1st instance – Talk to your child’s Class Teacher
  • 2nd instance – Ask to see Mr Turner Wing
  • 3rd instance – Ask to see Head/Deputy Head
  • 4th instance - If you feel you need to, you can write to the Chair of Governors (Mrs Elizabeth Randall, c/o Charlton Manor Primary) or contact Governors Services: Julie Scott on 0208 921 2793

logostrip hhacsg logo